The Mentor Network Clinician in Palmdale, California
Clinician Primary Location: United States-CA-CAPalmdale Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional California MENTOR
Everybodyneeds a job but only extraordinary people work here. CA Mentor Family Support Services providesintensive coordination and family support (known as Wraparound) to youth whohave been or are at-risk of being referred to an out-of-home placement. Thegoal of the Family Support Clinician in the wraparound services is to enhancethe youth and family’s well-being by keeping the youth in their home andcommunity, all the while, promoting self-advocacy.
Asthe Family Support Clinician forCalifornia MENTOR Family Support Services, you’ll be one of those extraordinarypeople. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully provide service ortreatment plans that are based on an effective assessment of client needs andpractical suggestions for change. This position will also provide 24/7 on-callsupport for all assigned families, while also building and maintaining positiverelationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Bring yourcreative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
Doyou have leadership experience working with people with intellectual anddevelopmental disabilities and looking for a meaningful change in your worklife? Leverage your skills withCalifornia MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growingteam today!
- Provides 24/7 coverage for all assigned clients/families.
- Provides assessments in the areas of mental status, personality, behavioral response patterns, relationships, and family interactions.
- Proposes a treatment plan based on assessment of needs and makes practical suggestions for change.
- Provides activity and participation based interventions and approaches developed from training materials, experience, families’ successes, and peers.
- Makes referrals to services and resources on behalf of families.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with personnel from referring/ collateral agencies. Provides guidance for the family in their interaction with referring agencies, and other community organizations as needed.
- Assures that documentation and records are kept confidential, organized, and complete and submitted to supervisor in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in Child and Family team meetings with peers and in collateral team meeting when needed. Supports peer development by addressing areas of concern for professional development and team performance issues.
- Provides a closure and aftercare plan for each family/client.
- May provide training or field supervision of new or tenured peers; review and edit peer records and documentation, marketing and education presentations; training and development for the region or team meetings.
- Works with Wraparound facilitator to align goals of the Plan of Care and Treatment plan.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.