Curtiss-Wright Corporation Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer in Santa Clarita, California
The Opportunity | Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Mechanical Design Engineer designs and analyzes moderately complex mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Provides engineering design, maintenance support and training to the manufacturing areas and assess new and existing equipment to optimize efficiency, safety, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Design and conduct experiments, collect data and interpret results, conduct analysis and write analysis and test reports. Capability to draw conclusions and reconcile differences between predicted and actual results.
- Plan and coordinate the maintenance of moderately complex engineering solutions including documentation, reporting, publishing, and making technical or other presentations to ensure visibility of the solution(s) in an evolving environment.
- Designs new equipment and machinery as conceived to support the in-house needs of Manufacturing and Engineering. Assists in building, installing, debugging and testing new equipment to ensure production capabilities.
- Determines maintenance schedules, procedures and safety standards on current and new equipment to ensure equipment is operated, maintained and serviced properly.
- Determine technical objectives and develop innovative, practical solutions to advance technical engineering problems. Provide technical support to failure investigations and bid responses.
- 4-6 years experience in electro-mechanical packaging, electronics or computer chassis design, and thermal management of electronics
- Familiar with electronic subsystems, circuit boards and debug of electronic systems
- Extensive experience with SolidWorks, including FEA and FDA add-ons (thermal, vibration, shock, flow)
- Experience in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing to ASME Y14.5.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team in the development of electronic subsystems, from concept to production
- Prefer knowledge and experience in military ruggedization of electronic subsystems, MIL-STD-810 qualification, and familiarity with VITA standards for electronics and mechanical form factors
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the technical field required.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled