Curtiss-Wright Corporation Technical Lead (Systems) in Santa Clarita, California
The Opportunity | Technical Lead (Systems Engineering)
Senior member of a highly technical team of engineers that includes systems and specialty engineering groups. Highly enthusiastic engineering professional with an open mind to technical and organizational direction.
Recognized as an leader in deployed military electronics. Directly interfaces with customers and standard bodies, negotiates ideas with regard to complex business issues, effectively influencing external and internal customers. Solutions arrived at by weighing and testing a broad spectrum of alternative approaches. Results can have a significant impact on a corporation.
- Directs and coordinates all activities necessary to complete a major project, including System Level Concept Development, Trade Studies & Analysis, Requirements Definition & Traceability, Requirements Allocation and Compliance Tracking, Interface Control Definition, System Integration, and Design Verification and Validation.
- Leverage understanding of deployed military electronics (Mission Computers, Vehicle Management Computers, Navigation Systems, Sensor Processors, etc.) to establish key performance parameters for new products
- Follow and improve company processes and procedures in an ISO 9001, AS9100 and CMMI work environment.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Direct investigation of root cause analysis for equipment failures, make recommendations and drive to root cause determination
- Occasional travel may be required to support program efforts, attend educational events, or support customers
- Lead and conduct internal and external Design Reviews.
- Work with and direct the activities of other engineering disciplines. The ability to work and interface well with other disciplines, including the customer, is an essential element of job.
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled